Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for picky eaters.
The key to healthy vegetarian recipes is cooking whole foods. We have some great recipes for your next meal. Need Vegetable Breakfast Ideas? Check out the featured video for our Veggie Breakfast Recipe! This is a recipe to die for…
1. Healthy Vegetarian Recipes: Red Lentil Soup.
1. 1 cup red lentils.
2. 1/4 cup red onions.
3. 12 oz vegetable stock (chicken stock optional).
4. 12 oz water.
5. add salt and pepper to taste.
This is a variation of my split pea soup with a different bean. I have done the same recipe with other beans and made a very tasty soup. When you cook different peas and beans it requires different cooking times. Rinse your beans completely. You do not need to pre-soak or quick soak since they are so small, but cook everything slow until the beans are soft. Once it cools, place all in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Quick and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes: Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
1. 4 sweet potatoes.
2. 1 tbsp olive oil.
3. 2 tbsps honey.
4. 1/2 tsp rosemary (crumbled).
5. 1/4 tsp salt.
1. Heat oven to 425º.
2. Grease bottom and sides of a jelly roll pan (15×10).
3. Peel sweet potatoes and slice into 3/4 inch slices.
4. Place single layer in pan.
5. Mix other ingredients in small bowl.
6. Microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds or until hot.
7. Stir mixture and brush over potato slices.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
3. Healthy Vegetarian Recipes – Homemade Applesauce.
1. 4 apples – peeled, cored and chopped (use Brayburn or Fuji for a nice tart taste).
2. 3/4 cup water.
3. 1/4 cup raw sugar.
4. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
In a saucepan, combine
4. and cinnamon.
While covered, cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.
4. Healthy Vegetarian Recipes: Whole Wheat Pizza Crust.
1. 1 cup whole wheat flour.
2. 1 1/4 cup rolled oats.
3. 1/4 cup cornmeal.
4. 2/3 cup skim (or almond milk).
5. 1/4 cup olive oil.
6. 1 tsp. baking powder.
7. Pizza toppings (your choice).
8. Optional: a. Basil. b. oregano. c. garlic. d. garlic salt.
1. Spray a standard-sized cookie sheet with olive oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 425.
3. Combine flour, oats, cornmeal, and baking powder in a medium-sized bowl.
4. Mix well.
5. Add milk, olive oil, and spices to the mixture and stir until combined.
6. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it until it is about the size of the cookie sheet. Transfer to the cookie sheet.
7. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
8. Remove the crust from the oven and add toppings.
9. Put back into oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the toppings are done.
5. Healthy Vegetarian Recipes: Basmati Italiano.
1. 2 c brown basmati rice, cooked.
2. ½ c grated parmesan cheese.
3. 1 Tbsp dry basil (or bunch fresh chopped).
4. 4 oz can sliced black olives drained.
5. ¾ c sundried tomatoes hydrated in water and chopped.
6. 1 Tbsp olive oil (optional).
7. ½ tsp pepper.
8. ½ tsp salt (optional).
1. Add cooked basmati rice into large mixing bowl.
2. Toss hot rice with other ingredients.
3. Serve right away.
These can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. A veggie breakfast meal is great for any non-meat eaters to start their day.